Both new and returning students must fill out a registration form each year to ensure that all information is up to date. The annual registration fee is $25 per family.
Tuition – Three 12-week sessions in the dance year
1 Hour Class – $195 per 12-week session
2 Hour Class – $310 per 12-week session
Tuition may be paid by cash, check, credit card, Venmo, or Zelle. If you wish to pay by credit card, Venmo, or Zelle please see below.
- 9 and 12-month payment plans are available. There is no fee for this service. Yearly tuition is divided by 12 or 9 and charged on the 15th of each month starting Sept 15th and continuing until May 15th or August 15th.
- Your CC, Venmo, or Zelle can also be charged for purchases such as socks etc., and a paid receipt will be emailed to you.
- When paying for 2 classes per week per family, unlimited Irish, ballet, & stretch classes may be taken for no additional cost, & comes with a cubby 🙂
- Boot Camp is on Tuesdays at 5pm and Saturdays at 11am. $10 per class, pay as you go.
- If you have 2 children registered for class, the third child may attend classes for no additional charge.
- In order to take privates account must be in good standing.
- Private lessons are $60 to $80 depending on the teacher. Effective Sept 1st, 2018.
- Workshops and pay as you go classes MUST be paid for on the day, please use the envelopes provided and put in payment mailbox. Do not leave on desk.
There are 3 twelve-week sessions in the dance year.
Session 1 starts on Monday September 10, 2018.
Session 2 starts on Monday December 3, 2018.
Session 3 starts on Monday March 18, 2019.
Each session payment is due on or before the above dates.
A late fee of $25 will be assessed if payment is not received in 10 days of session start dates,
- Any issues concerning your child can be discussed by appointment or by phone. I am available by phone on Monday-Friday mornings. (201) 679-1450
- Irish dance students must wear shorts or fitted leggings. Both are available for purchase at the studio.
- Hair must be tied up for all classes.
- Irish dance students must wear white Irish dance socks. Available at the studio.
- Tie-Dye socks can be worn for workshops, privates, and summer camp only.
- Ballet students must wear ballet attire and ballet tights (both available for purchase at the studio).
- Session is to be paid for in full, regardless of attendance. Missed classes may be made up within that session.
- Ballet & Irish dance shoes can be purchased at the studio.
Yonkers Studio – 265 Central Park Ave. Yonkers, NY 10704
Dates to Remember (All dates are inclusive)
Sept 4 & 6 – O Team class 5-7pm
September 10 – Start of new dance year
Monday October 1 – Saturday October 6 – Bring-A-Friend Week!
Wednesday October 31 – No class – Halloween
Friday November 9 – Mini Oireachtas at Rory Dolan’s – 6pm
Tuesday November 20 – Saturday November 24 – No class for Thanksgiving and the Oireachtas
Saturday December 22 – School fundraiser & Christmas Party – 4-8pm
Monday December 24 – Tuesday January 1 – No class for Christmas break
Sunday January 13 – 4-6pm Recital at YMA 160 Woodlawn Ave, Yonkers NY
Monday February 4 – Saturday February 9 – Bring-A-Friend Week!
Saturday February 16 – Thursday February 21 – No class for President’s Week / Winter Break & All-Ireland’s
Sunday March 31 – Mini Worlds at Rory Dolan’s – 6pm
Thursday April 18 – Monday April 22 – No Class – Easter Break & World’s – Greensboro, NC
Monday May 27 – No class – Memorial Day
Friday June 14 – Mini Nationals at Rory Dolan’s – 6pm
Monday June 17 – Last day of classes
Friday June 21 – Annual Sleepover 7pm to 9am
Monday July 1 – Friday July 5 – National’s – Vancouver
Celtic Summer Camp
$5 per hour for early drop off & after camp. Early drop-off 8:30am. After camp care until 6pm.
Week 1: Monday July 8 – Friday July 12
Week 2: Monday July 15 – Friday July 19
Week 3: Monday July 22 – Friday July 26
Week 4: Monday July 29 – Friday August 2
Bonus Day: Monday August 5
$250 per week. Lunch and snacks included. Bring a swimsuit, towel, and water.
If you attend 3 or more weeks of camp, after camp is included at no additional charge.
Summer Class 2019
June 25 – August 29
Tuesdays & Thursdays 6pm – 7pm $15 or 6pm – 8pm $20, pay as you go. No sign up needed
Thursdays 5pm – 6pm – Boot Camp $10, pay as you go
The Deirdre O’Mara School of Irish Dance provides a unique experience that combines culture & creativity with fun & hard work. Competition is an option, but it is not a requirement. The only requirements are a love of Irish dance and a willingness to work hard & have fun.
I ask that both you and your child make a commitment to Irish Dance, and that you miss class only when absolutely necessary. This is in the best interest of learning the steps, learning to stick with something, fostering teamwork, and being the best that we can be. Consistency is the key to success.
I feel our school provides the best combination of the traditional & the many changes that have occurred in the world of Irish dance. My wish for our dancers is that they dance with not just their feet, but with their heart. Our school will develop confidence, in an atmosphere of growth & inspiration.
Go raibh maith agaibh a chairde
Deirdre O’Mara TMRF, founder & Director